Saturday, October 10, 2009

An October Valentine

One year ago today Ellie's broken heart was mended. Our hearts have also been mended and forever changed in the most beautiful way. We are so grateful for our sweet girl! When I saw this picture, it reminded me of the special peace I felt one day when I was out walking and praying for Ellie's heart to be healed. I felt assurance that the Lord would heal her heart and that He would do it through His special instruments...Dr. Moga was one of them. Thanks Matt for the heart-shaped waffles this morning!

5 comments:

Niki said...

Look how far she's come in a year- what a miracle.

Jeana said...

That is an awesome picture. Happy heart day you guys!

Jessica 7 said...

We are so happy to have Ellie with us. We love her so much! She is a beautiful angel in our family.

I've never seen that picture before - it's beautiful and I immediately thought of the surgeries my family has been through. Thanks for posting it!

Your Stylist, Kristy said...

This is so sweet! Thanks for sharing!

Elizabeth said...

That is a beautiful painting. I remember what you told us the surgeon said about Ellie that day. It makes me cry. I can't wait to see y'all in a month. We are so grateful for Ellie! (Not so grateful for her theme song, MATT, but we LOOOVE our Ellie!)