Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Zion Narrows

We traveled to Zion National Park for Labor Day Weekend to hike the famous 16 mile "Top-Down Hike" in the Zion Virgin River Narrows. It was spectacular!!!
Here's the beginning of the hike (the last dry land we see for a long time!). We call this our "artistic shot". haha!

Another "artistic" shot!
We came up to this waterfall on the trail. Glad it wasn't dark when we came up to it!Them there are mountain lion or coyote tracks ya'll! Wish I would have put an object next to them for size reference because they were much bigger in person. Kinda scary!Our campsite was under a rock! Matt said if it was our time to go, it must REALLY be our time to go because that rock had been there for ages (haha...rock of ages...I made a funny!).We had the best dinner! I highly recommend Mountain House freeze dried food! YUMMY!The second day, swimming through freezing cold water was a requirement! It was shocking!The famous "Wall Street". So beautiful!A water snake! Yay!When all was said and done, we went and ate ice cream! It was so nice to put dry clothes on! I highly recommend this hike! It was so beautiful and a blast!

3 comments:

Angie said...

Gorgeous pictures! I love how adventurous you are!

Jeana said...

Okay can I just say you are HARD CORE Erin...and Matt of course, but that is quite the hike and all the swimming and mud walking...I'm impressed. Not sure if I have that in me.

J said...

How fun!!! I have never seen pictures of that hike and had no idea it was such a wet one. Good for you guys!