Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Home Streeettchhh!!! 36 Weeks

Yep, this baby girl is streeeettchhhing me!!!  (Let's not talk about stretch marks, thank-you-very-much! hehe)  I'm now 36 weeks pregnant and she is doing well!  Maybe a little too well....according to my u/s yesterday, she is already 6 pds and she's now in the 50% percentile.  That means if I go to 40 weeks, she could be over 8 pds (which is HUGE compared to Ellie!).  We are just grateful she's still hanging out in there.  She's head down and we're hoping for a VBAC.  I have another appointment tomorrow where they will tell me if my cervix looks okay to attempt it.  Your prayers are greatly appreciated!!!

My sweet hubby had beautiful flowers delivered to me yesterday with a note that says "Looking forward to #2 in May!".  I love him!  He's the best!!!

Can you guess what the "spikes" are in this 36 week u/s photo?  The u/s tech said it's some of the longest hair (on a baby's head) she's seen - already 1 centimeter!!!  Uh-oh!!!
I feel so bad to say this but babies with lots of hair sometimes don't look so cute to me!  Why am I so vain?  :)  At least she has hair!  
This is a view of the baby's obliques - she's curled up so it shows her cute little rolls.  When Matt saw this he said, "Great, she's going to be fat and furry!" He's joking, of course, but I believe I sensed a little nervousness in his tone.  :) 
Here's a squished 3D of her face.  The tech couldn't get a good one because baby girl had her hands by her mouth the whole time!  The tech was so nice and tried for a long time but no luck.  I think we're going to have a hand sucker!  :)
  We are super excited to meet this cute little girl and we're so happy she's healthy!  Still deciding on names.  We have one of them picked out for sure but we don't know if it will be the first or middle name.  Can't wait to hold you in our arms, sweet baby girl!!! 

2 comments:

Niki said...

Oh I love the pictures! She looks so cute and I can't believe she has so much hair. What a fun change. My babies are bald for years so I think a little hair would be fun- especially on a girl.

Jeana said...

Dude that totally looks like she has a 6 pack! Tough girl. 6 lbs is huge! its crazy though when you see her she will still seem so tiny. Praying that everything works out wonderfully for her entrance into this big beautiful world!