Saturday, September 27, 2008

Update and Pictures

I love this little girl! She is the cutest cutie! She is now 10.5 pounds and is 21.5 inches long. At her last cardiology appointment, the cardiologist said to go ahead and schedule her AV Canal heart surgery - It's October 10th - 2 weeks. There have not been any negative changes to her heart but they don't want to wait more than 6 months after birth to repair it. We feel very blessed that her heart is doing so well. She caught a cold this week and was hospitalized for 2 days but she is getting better. It was scary - we have to keep her healthy for surgery. Two of her nurses, Patricia and Allie, came and saw us which was super cool.


I'm not excited for her surgery - I don't want her to have to go through it. My heart aches in a way that I can't explain. However, we feel very good about it and we know she will be okay after she recovers. In the words of one of her nurses, Allie, Ellie is a ROCK STAR!
Since she has been home, she has been quite active and alert. She's got great muscle tone which will come in handy later on since Matt wants to hike with her up to every state's highest peak - my thoughts: "have fun guys". She coos (occasionally) and we try to have "conversations" with her. She always responds to music and she loves her bouncy seat. We're still waiting for a REAL smile - She only smiles in her sleep! Wonder what she's dreaming about! She's not big on eye contact yet...we like to play a game where we get in her line of sight...she usually looks away so...we repeat and she looks away. This goes on for a while - It must be annoying to her. Oh well...she better get used to us because she's stuck!

7 comments:

Liz said...

What cute pictures! We'll keep Ellie in our prayers.

Jessica 7 said...

I'm glad Ellie is better from her cold. I'm sorry she had to be in the hospital! Dianne and I fasted for Ellie today. (Dave forgot) You'll be on our radar!

Love,
Jess

Angie said...

Thanks for sharing the new pictures. You are so right...she is the cutest cutie! We'll keep her in our thoughts and prayers as you approach her surgery date.

Niki said...

She looks great. I loved holding her and seeing her today. We need to make sure we continue the Sunday dinner tradition.

Anonymous said...

Those pictures are so cute. Good luck with the surgery, you'll be in our thoughts and prayers.

Naoma said...

I love the picture of you and Ellie.. too funny and too cute!! You guys are such good parents, we will be thinking and praying for you all. I miss ya!

Jen said...

Awww! She's gotten so big! So cute too!
Praying everything goes well tomorrow.