Sunday, January 11, 2009

Our 10th Wedding Anniversary

January 2nd was our 10th wedding anniversary! Yeeeeee-hawwwww! All year, Matt has been doing sweet things for me on the tenth anniversary of: the day we met, the day he proposed, etc. It was really special. So, here are the day's events:

1. Breakfast in bed

2. Not sure he wanted me to post this one...

3. We went to the St. Paul Temple in Oakdale.


We actually got married in the Washington D.C. Temple.


4. We went to our favorite restaurant in the ENTIRE WORLD:

The Melting Pot


5. At the restaurant, Matt gave me a poem that he wrote which included funny quotes that we've heard and said since we met. This was hilarious! If you know Matt, you know that he has "sayings" that he gets stuck on for a while (like: "Half-rack in a cul-de-sacagawea"). This poem featured the highlights with surprise gifts at the end. He gave me beautiful earrings, tickets to see "Wicked" with him in Chicago and tickets to Las Vegas with my friend, Brittney, to see some shows (no gambling!). WOW! I was completely blown away!


6. For my present to him, I wrote a song called "Criminal of Love" - this comes from when he was talking in his sleep when we were first married - he said: "I'm a criminal of looooooove". I asked him what he was doing and he said, "Making reservations for volleyball". It has been a big joke ever since. I also put together our favorite memories from the past 10 years and sent them to http://www.yourmemorylane.com/ - they made a really cool art print out of them.





I love you MOOPY!

8 comments:

J said...

Congrats on your anniversary. We celebrated our 10th in December. We were supposed to go to the coast and stay in a private little beach house but that got cancelled when we found out were were moving for our anniversary. That's ok, I will take a new house over a fun weekend any day. Maybe next year...

P.S. Let us know how Wicked is. I am sooo jealous (in a good way of course.)

Naoma said...

Happy 10 year Anniversary! Sounds like you guys had an amazing one! You guys are so fun, sure wish we were closer.

Angie said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! You will LOVE Wicked...we saw it in November and it was amazing!

Elizabeth said...

Happy Anniversary! I love how the print turned out, Erin! Have fun seeing Wicked! We just had some friends here go up to Chicago to see it and said it was fabulous! I am glad you had a great anniversary!

Liz said...

Wow, what fun. Congratulations. You'll have to stop by and say hi while you're in Vegas!

Jessica 7 said...

10 years is a big deal - Congrats! We love you guys!

Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
10 years, WOW, time flies.

steveandjonelle said...

Sounds like lots of fun memories were made. I hope you enjoy Wicked. Steve and I loved it.