We've been working hard on Ellie's walking lately but she has been EXTREMELY reluctant (a.k.a. stubborn-nelly...or ellie). A little over a month ago, during a home visit, her therapist told us she'll start going to school in May. Wait....WhAt??? Did you say "May"? But, she's my baby! After I got over the shock that she's turning 3 and will have a teacher and can take the bus if I want (not sure I'll be able to let her do that!), I had a meeting with her teachers and therapists and asked what we could work on to get ready. There's almost too much to count so I have narrowed it down to a few things....and they're BIG...REALLY BIG! The main thing is to walk before her third birthday.
I've had a strong feeling that I should ask for some help from above and to ask for your help too...Would you mind keeping her in your prayers that she'll have the DESIRE to walk and be COMFORTABLE with it by her third birthday? I know it's not always good to have your own timetable (when praying) but I felt in my heart that if we combine our faith, He'll hear and answer our prayers. I will post walking updates so you can see her progress. Thank you so very much!!!
The coolest thing happened tonight while at Matt's parents' house for dinner. We were having her walk to her uncle Michael and she started going further and further. She loves her uncle Michael and would only walk to him (not even to me). I was telling everyone that she can walk straight but doesn't know how to turn around and walk back once she's reached the destination. WELL....something CLICKED inside her tonight and I know it's an answer to our prayers! Michael had her stand at the couch and she totally let go and walked to him! I was in SHOCK and AMAZEMENT! I've been having all these dreams lately of her walking and running and so it felt like a dream! A very good dream! Here's a video of the MIRACULOUS occasion!
Eli Matthew Gray
10 years ago



9 comments:
Yay! Good work Ellie! We are cheering for you here in California. I love the stylish outfit as well. -Jonelle
We are so on board for praying for Ellie! What an awesome event to catch on video!
My Taylor started school last week. Broke. My. Heart. I put her on the bus for the first time about a half an hour ago.
Ellie is beyond adorable and we will most definitely pray for her!
So, so, cool! I loved seeing it a second time. Way to go Ellie!
When I was tucking Anna into bed last night we talked about Ellie walking and that her prayers are being answered. It was a cool moment for all of us too.
What a sweet moment! I'm so glad you got it on film! Ellie is in all of our prayers!
We'll be praying for you.
We'll be saying special prayers. She'll walk by May 9th for sure! Why does she need to go to school so early and ride the bus? (sorry - I'm ignorant of timetables and the great services available!)
That is so amazing! I know prayers are answered and we'll joing the gang, for sure! I know when Katie started going when she was that age, she looked so small! I know you have so much going on with all that, feel free to call anytime. We love you!
How exciting! I will pass the word onto my kids and we will keep Ellie in our family's prayers.
Love your new header! :D
Post a Comment