We just found out that Ellie will be coming home this Friday, the 22nd! They put her back on the drug, caffeine, to help stimulate her breathing and it's working almost too well! Ellie suddenly has some serious lungs and makes sure that everyone on the unit knows it! We are so grateful that she is stable enough to come home. My parents are coming into town this Saturday so it works out perfect!!!
Heart surgery status: Since her heart is stable right now, their plan is to just keep "growing her" as big as possible so that she can recover faster after the surgery. The surgery will happen in the next 1-3 months.
Important information: Thank you so much for your support throughout this time! It has helped us in so many ways. Many of you have expressed interest in meeting Ellie and that is definitely okay and welcomed!!! However, because of her fragile state (prematurity/heart defect), her doctors have recommended that visitors not touch her. If you or your children aren't feeling well, we ask that you wait until you're feeling better before you visit as it would be a major setback if she were to get sick. This will be in effect until next May when RSV season is over. Thanks for your understanding! She will definitely be ready for some serious hugs and snuggling in the spring!
More THANKS: We really appreciate your prayers and support. It's truly a miracle that she's doing so well. We feel so blessed!
Eli Matthew Gray
10 years ago



15 comments:
Wow, that's awesome! Congratulations! We are so glad to hear that Ellie is doing so well. Say hi to your parents from us. Love you guys!
P.S. I can totally see your features in her in that photo Erin.
YAHOOOOOOOO! Congratulations to all of you! I yelled the news to the kids as I read the blog and we all did a happy dance. We are so happy, happy, happy! We love Ellie and we love you. The kids really like to hear how their prayers are helping Ellie grow. Caleb always prays for Ellie not to cry. I'm so glad you keep up this blog, so we can witness the miracles with you.
We are so excited for you! What a great day Friday will be. You have been in our thoughts and prayers and will continue to be. -- Jenny Xanthos
That is WONDERFUL news Erin! I am so happy for you and Matt!
We are so excited for you & Ellie. I'm sure she'll love being home and the timing with you're parents couldn't have been better. Love you guys.
We are so happy that Ellie gets to go home so soon!
YAY!!! that is wonderful news! we are so happy for you guys. enjoy your beautiful baby girl and all the excitement the come. we'll give you a chance to let the dust settle a bit before we invade. congratulations again--we are just thrilled at this fantastic news. love, geoff, molly, and quinn
Yes! Congratulations, I'm so excited you get to take Ellie home. It's been neat to see her grow (from the window of your blog).
Congratulations! She's darling! It seems like she's growing a lot faster recently--I can't believe how big she's gotten!
Yea!!! That is so fun that she is home with you guys! That must be such a relief and nice to have her with you all the time. It must have been sooo hard to have her at the hospital for so long! She is such a doll!
Ditto all the comments from everyone. I'm so happy for all of you. Hope things are beginning to feel normal at home, and you're all getting some rest. Hasn't been a week yet, but at least you all "know" one another! I look forward to hearing good things over the next few months. Love always!!
What wonderful news! Treasure every moment because there is nothing like snuggling with a precious baby!
I am soooo happy that all is going well for everyone. Ellie is beautiful & truely a miracle. She will blossom with your love & attention even more now that she is home. I know how hard it is to only visit. But now you will be busier than ever & loving every minute. Congratulations on graduating the NCCC! Give her lots of kisses from the Kings!!!
Yea! So glad to hear she's doing well, Erin and Matt. Okay, I just figured out why your blog is called The Matter In Life. I'm slow. That's pretty good, you guys!
Post a Comment